Law firm website design refresh using the latest technology and search engine optimization strategies.
Since 2003 our web design agency has worked with law firms of all shapes and sizes across Canada and the United States to refresh and refine their digital marketing assets to present a future-forward platform to grow their practice.
Working with the marketing and communications team at Phillips Lytle was as rewarding as it gets. Collectively, our team engaged with more than fifteen passionate project stakeholders to identify realistic goals and significant areas of improvement for the firm’s website, digital branding and competitiveness in organic search.
Website Design & SEO Goals
- Digital brand refresh – after more than 15 years of operating the firm’s previous website, it was time to make a bold leap forward into the modern area with a digital brand refresh that stayed true to the 185+ year history of the firm and its client base across North America.
- Custom website user interface design – a brand new user interface design that uses every pixel on the screen with purpose would be crafted encompassing more than 20 unique page layouts to offer flexibility to present information in various formats.
- Custom WordPress development – with a plan to publish articles, announcements, webinars and other various types of content daily, a powerful yet easy-to-use content management system was planned to provide the power and flexibility required to handle more than 3,500 pages across the site.
- Content Audit and Strategy – our team would lead workshops with the firm’s marketing team, IT services and external marketing agency to audit the previous website content, analytics and guide on selecting the right keywords and optimization tactics for the new website.
- Search Engine Optimization – to power the firm’s digital marketing plans from 2023 and for years to come, our technical SEO expertise strategies will be woven into the design and development process from start to finish.
The Website Design Process
Discovery and Strategy
The most crucial phase of any project is the Discovery phase. Our web designers conduct in-depth analytics and competitive research in the early stages of the project after interviewing project stakeholders. This process yields important feedback, direction and data that informs the strategic plan for the new website from information architecture, user interface design and even how the backend of the website is developed to simplify common tasks for the marketing team.
It is essential to understand the audience we’re designing the website for, how they navigate through the website and what technology they use to consume content or interact with the law firm.
Based on this data, we develop a web design strategy to help stakeholders make the most informed decisions about their new website at every milestone throughout the project. We’re firm believers in providing our clients with the most information possible and prefer to include stakeholders in every stage of our 6-step web design process. This encourages decision-makers to take ownership of the project immediately and encourages collaboration that yields the best possible outcome.