A custom WordPress website to power the re-branded Coke Canada Bottling.
When our team was given the opportunity to work with the Coke Canada Bottling team, who make, merchandise, distribute, and sell Coca-Cola beverages in Canada, it was impossible to pass up. As a new, independent company having just introduced a new corporate brand within the last two years, they required a completely overhauled online presence to reflect their new company. When the company first launched, it quickly put up a limited Wix website. As the company evolved through its first several years of operation and its stakeholder base increased, there was a clear opportunity to take the next step into a much more powerful and ownable WordPress CMS that would put the most contemporary digital marketing tools and opportunities at their disposal.
Website Design Goals
- Discovery and Research – collect and analyze limited analytics data from the Wix platform to understand the website audience and their technology preferences.
- Corporate Brand refresh – carry the newly minted corporate brand and design system across a completely custom website design tailored to meet new digital marketing, stakeholder engagement, and recruitment goals.
- Improve User Experience – the pre-existing website was full of experiential challenges and pitfalls for users and website administrators alike. Our team planned to completely rethink the customer experience and the website architecture to provide a more robust user experience and intuitive tools to the web team.
- Custom UI Design – building on the newly refreshed brand, a new user interface design was planned to engage the viewer and increase click-through rates to various areas of the website.
- Custom WordPress Development – to provide easy day-to-day management of the website and information hub for a variety of different prospects and customers, a custom WordPress platform would be developed to grant total control over every pixel within the new site.
- Search Engine Optimization – optimizing page structure, content and core web vitals with our technical SEO expertise to improve performance and increase organic search engine rankings.
The Web Design Process
Many web designers can create a great-looking interface design that, on the surface, makes an impression and warrants a second look. However, after you engage with that interface, it often becomes clear that although the design is visually appealing, the overall experience doesn’t leave a positive impression. The first step in our website design process is designed to address this challenge and help define a foundation from which to build a strategic project plan. Our Discovery phase allows for our team to dive into the analytics, look at specific use cases, search engine performance and speak with stakeholders to understand who we’re redesigning the website for and how they use it.
Once we understand who is using the website and what they may be struggling with when it comes to completing an interaction, inquiry or even managing the website on the administrative side, we build a thorough project strategy that serves as a road map to success throughout the rest of the project.
Working with Coke Canada Bottling, we quickly realized that the website they had been struggling with to manage their newly create company’s needs was challenged by Wix’s limited functionality and templated approach. The site was rife with “bandaids” or stopgaps to help the team get by for the short-term and some dead-end functions that created friction within the user journey. This same, tired patchwork made the site perform slowly, which frustrated users and impeded search engine ranking success, as indicated in the analytics review. In addition to these external challenges, the internal corporate communications team faced limitations at every turn when they wanted to update page content or attempt to improve the website.
Our creative team formed a detailed project plan to solve all these challenges with a professionally crafted user interface revamp and custom WordPress website design.