Digital rebranding for EV charging technology provider – Flo.
In 2022 AddEnergie made a decision to undertake a corporate rebrand. Through the rebranding exercise, the EV technology company emerged with a clean and simple identity now known as Flo.
Already operating with a wide network of EV charging stations across Canada and the United States, implementing the new brand identity was a major undertaking to carry the new brand identity across environmental graphics, offices, EV charging stations and ultimately, the web.
Our firm was selected after a lengthy interview process with multiple levels of decision-makers to help guide the EV charging provider through the website design and development process, which encompassed three North American regions and two languages.
As with all web design projects, big and small, the first step is always a deep dive into the discovery process to learn more about the brand, its audience and most importantly, the project goals from which we will measure the outcome’s success.
Website Design Goals
- Discovery – a deep analysis of all website analytics data and user behaviour across the English-speaking US and English and French Canada would be conducted to understand who the new website would be designed for and how the viewers would use it.
- User experience design – an end-to-end user experience study or wireframing would take place to map out information architecture and optimize user Flow and lead conversions throughout the website.
- User-interface design – after prototyping the new website UX our creative designers would develop a new UI design system that would enhance the website experience and communicate the new brand more effectively.
- Custom WordPress development – to allow control over every pixel within the new website our WordPress developers would hand-craft a fully customized WordPress CMS to power the new website and provide a secure, easy-to-use platform the marketing team could use to drive their strategy.
- Search engine optimization – a thorough audit and clean-up of redirect issues and broken links would take place pre-launch to support the new future-forward SEO strategy developed in partnership with Flo to increase their organic web presence.
The Web Design Process
Since 2003 our web design agency has been crafting custom web design for technology companies across Canada and around the world. Over the last two decades, we have honed our creative skills to deliver marketing solutions and digital experiences that move the needle. Our partnership with Flo was no different.
Beginning with our discovery phase, our team dug into the web analytics and performed a series of performance audits, competitive research and stakeholder interviews. All this information is distilled into a strategic foundation from which all team members can work to build a user experience that delivers measurable results by increasing lead conversions and brand awareness.
Once the site map is ironed out, our UX designers create initial wireframes for every type of page required in the new website to map out the user experience and conversion strategy. We demo the prototype for project stakeholders in an interactive collaboration tool so the team can experience the information architecture in true context and make the most educated decisions possible. We create detailed wireframes for the new site before approaching the creative UI design phase to provide a comprehensive testing ground for our new strategy that allows for quick and easy changes without the distraction of design. Revisions are made within the wireframes much faster eliminating excessive design revisions that derail a project. These time savings translate into a faster project timeline and helps the project stay on budget.