A complete brand refresh and experience design overhaul for North America’s number one hunting and land management app – Huntstand.
There’s something to be said about being connected to the land in the digital age. Huntstand offers just that and more. The top-performing hunting and land management application in North America provides users access to more real-time information than ever before. To coincide with some significant updates within the application, we’re partnered with Terrastride to refresh the Huntstand brand, craft a brand new custom WordPress website design and conduct a user experience audit of the mobile application.
The outdoor lifestyle and connection to the land don’t strike the same chord in everyone, but in this case, working with Huntstand to deliver a whole new high-end brand experience across various media was a labour of love. You know when a designer connects with the work on a personal level, amazing things begin to unfold.
In this case, that’s just what happened.
Website Design Goals
- Analytics discovery – a thorough review of the active website analytics and user data to identify stakeholders, user personas and mobile device technology preferences used to interact with the website and the mobile application.
- Digital brand refresh – collect branded assets, custom photography and develop an ownable icon library to strengthen and help grow the brand.
- Custom website user interface design – rethinking the entire website experience to provide industry information, tips from the pros and drive revenue with integrated advertising.
- Custom WordPress development – maximize our client’s ability to self-manage the website from top to bottom with a fully custom WordPress theme development.
- Third-party Systems – integration with Huntstand’s mobile application management for pro users, digital marketing tools and managed advertising campaign.
- Search Engine Optimization – integration of an external media website to provide all branded information in one place under a unified brand and grow Huntstand’s search engine footprint.
The Web Design Process
Website Strategy and UX Design
A typical mobile app website is relatively straightforward. Information is concise and flashy images of the application in action grab users’ attention and encourage them to download the app.
In this case, however, we approached the web design process with broader goals in focus as Huntstand isn’t just offering a mobile app – they’re offering industry-leading content for hunters and land management experts across Canada and the United States.
We conducted a full UX audit on the current website to address several pain points shared during stakeholder interviews with technical and marketing teams within the parent company, Terrastride.
With everything on the table, combined with user data and performance metrics gathered during our Discovery phase, our creative team went to work rethinking the website experience from top to bottom for a mix of casual users, pro users and information seekers. Offering a carefully curated experience throughout each user journey within the website resolved the pain points experienced by users and shared by management and set the stage for the creative UI design process that would follow.