Custom website design for one of the world’s most exclusive healthcare centres.
For our web design team, working with All Points North was a truly unique experience in several ways. The concept of mental health and healthcare services in society today is paramount, and the opportunity to play a role in helping to communicate that message was a rewarding experience. Beyond the breathtaking photography, getting to know the APN team and understanding how the healthcare center helps celebrities, professional athletes, and executives worldwide improve their mental health was an adventure our design team relished from the start.
With an established website of more than a thousand pages, backlinks, and an organic search footprint supported both by valuable content and paid digital marketing strategies; it was important for us to understand the breadth of our client’s goals and plans moving forward.
Website Design Goals
- Analytics discovery – a thorough exploration of existing website analytics and live user metrics would be used to identify user personas and technologies used to engage with the website.
- User-Interface refresh – As the APN brand was set to evolve through 2022 and beyond a newly designed, elegant and modern interface was required to convey the appropriate brand messaging to the audience.
- Custom WordPress development – to power the beautiful new website and provide complete and total control over every pixel on the page, a custom WordPress backend was planned for development.
- Systems integration – anything in healthcare carries with it very strict privacy requirements. To maintain privacy for visitors and patients of APN our development team worked to integrate industry-leading privacy applications to manage the web-based communications within the new website.
- Search Engine Optimization – building off a substantial SERP footprint to grow the APN brand in 2022 and beyond, technical SEO strategies were woven into the website design and development process.
The Web Design Process
Research & Discovery
Big websites require lots of planning and loads of experience to bring together and drive across the finish line with a successful launch. The new APN website was a challenge our web designers accepted with reverence and got to work by first developing a time-tested strategy following our 6-step web design process.
By carefully combing the data-driven website and visual analytics such as heat maps and conducting initial interviews with key project stakeholders, we developed a reorganization of the entire website to solving key navigational challenges and content hurdles existing in the old website. This first step in the adventure resulted in a brand new site map design and strategy that would serve as our blueprint throughout the project.