A digital brand refresh and custom B2B technology company website design.
Xandar Kardian began their journey several years ago with a clear mission in hand – to disrupt the UWB radar industry and delivery world-class monitoring capabilities across healthcare settings and built environments. XK quickly outgrew their initial website and were ready to take the next step with a brand refresh and custom website design that offered the marketing team the flexibility to communicate across multiple media channels and create powerful web pages on the fly.
Our creative team was up to the challenge and dove right in with members of the XK team across multiple continents to understand their vision and plans for the future.
No matter the scale of the project, our first step is always thorough discovery session with our clients to identify current marketing goals for today and anticipate what their digital needs may be in the long term. It is important for our team to understand the marketing team’s needs and methodology as it will dictate the newl interface design and potential integrations within the new website. Perhaps more important, this understanding allows our development team to tailor the content management system to the way our clients want to use their new website day-to-day.
Website Design Goals
- Discovery – understanding who is using the website, with what technology and what information users are looking for is crucial to building a successful web design strategy.
- User experience design – establishing a strong information architecture across a variety of website sections and page layouts is an important exercise to optimize the user journey and boost the conversion rate, also eliminating excessive iteration during the creative design phase.
- User-interface design – bringing the low-fidelity wireframes to life with a carefully-crafted design system to unify the entire user experience and strengthen the brand identity leaving a lasting impression with the audience.
- Custom WordPress development – tailoring the backend CMS platform to remove manual requirements with automations and better organization to simplify the marketing teams daily tasks when managing the website.
- Search engine optimization – optimizing code, content and page speed performance ensures that the website powers past the competition in organic search results.
The Web Design Process
Since 2003 Parachute has crafted beautiful custom website design for technology companies across North America. Constantly refining our creative strategy to deliver finely tailored digital marketing assets and engaging experiences that consistently move the ROI needle for our clients. Our collaborative work with the XK team spanned three countries including Canada, the US and Korea. Working together from both sides of the planet we crafted a truly ownable brand experience through a beautiful new user interface design that helped the company mature into the next phase of its corporate life.
After completing our discovery phase our creative team develops important web strategy beginning with a new site map design aimed at simplifying and improving the navigational experience to reduce friction and confusion. The site map design exercise is an important step in designing a new website as it offers the opportunity to address pain points in the current website and design a more user-friendly and intuitive navigational system.
UX or user experience design, sometimes referred to as wireframing is perhaps the most important foundational exercise in the web design process. This exploration of information architecture is our opportunity to present insightful user journeys to stakeholders to understand how our design team intends all web users to experience and navigate through the website from landing page to conversion point.