We are seeking a senior web designer to play a key role in the creative UX/UI design phase of our website design and development process.
The successful candidate has a minimum of 5 years experience as a professional web designer and demonstrates expert knowledge of UX/UI web design fundamentals with a reasonable understanding of the website development process. Time management skills and exceptional, pixel-perfect attention to detail are necessities for this role.
This position is intended as a full-time freelance position with the opportunity to become a permanent salaried position.
Our team is entirely virtual allowing the successful candidate to work from home or remote office permanently. What makes our team successful is their ability to self-manage and a shared commitment to creating beautiful, professional work on time.
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Expert level understanding of user experience within website UI design.
- Expert in design theory and fundamentals.
- Able to set up files correctly for a web development team to slice and dice (including smart objects/images to scale for Retina displays).
- Resident of Canada.
- Current portfolio website or digital portfolio.
Nice to Have:
- Excellent UX strategy and wireframing skills.
- Branding and logo design experience.
- Ability to work with and communicate with clients from discovery to completion.
- Project management/client management experience.
- RGD/CGD designation is considered an asset.
Compensation and Holidays
- Negotiable based on experience.
- Generous, flexible holidays (negotiable).
Think you are the person we’re looking for?
Please forward your CV and portfolio site for review.