Please Note: With the sudden and world-wide impact and uncertainty around COVID-19 and its effects we have put all hiring activity on hold. We have every intention of filling this role when the world gets back on its feet and still welcome applications.
We are giving preference to Canadian residents for this position. For the right fit, however, we are open to international relationships.
We are seeking a professional web designer to help in the creative UI design phase of our website design and development process.
This is a freelance/contract position with the opportunity for growth and potential to become permanent.
Applicants should be experts in UI and web design fundamentals with a reasonable understanding of website development. Time management skills and exceptional, pixel-perfect attention to detail are necessities for this role.
This opportunity allows the successful candidate to work from home or remote office as our team is entirely virtual. What makes our team successful is their ability to self-manage and a shared commitment to creating beautiful, professional work on time.
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Expert level understanding of user experience within website UI design.
- Expert in design theory and fundamentals.
- Available for freelance/contract work during regular business hours (either full time or part-time).
- Able to set up files correctly for a web development team to slice and dice (including smart objects/images to scale for Retina displays).
Nice to Have:
- Excellent strategy and wireframing skills.
- Branding and logo design experience.
- Ability to take a project from discovery to completion.
- Project management/client management experience.
- RGD designation considered an asset.
Think you are the person we’re looking for?
- Please send us your three favourite real-world portfolio pieces with a very brief overview of the project goals and challenges you faced.
- Your hourly rate.
- Your contact information.
- References if available.